Team for Capella 5.1.0 (2021-06-28)
Compatibility: Capella 5.1.0
The Team for Capella 5.1.0 maintenance release brings several major changes (compared to Team for Capella 5.1.0):
- Compatibility with Capella 5.1.0
- UX enhancements
- It is now possible to configure some preferences at the project level: this is the case for two preferences for Sirius: Automatic refresh and Refresh at opening.
- Local Capella projects now have the same behavior in a Team for Capella client than in Capella: Automatic refresh and Refresh at opening are enabled by default at the workspace level.
- However, shared projects have the same behavior as in Team for Capella previous versions: Automatic refresh and Refresh at opening are disabled by default at the project level. This can be modified in the connection wizard or later in the project properties. Refer to Overriding Sirius refresh preferences for a particular connected project.
- Two new property pages have been added in the properties of .aird files (available from the Properties contextual menu):
- Sirius Session Details : displays information about session resources, viewpoints, representations (number, load state, manual refresh need, invalid status).
- Collaborative Session Details (previously named Repository Information): displays repository connection information, login of connected users and locks (implicit and explicit, owned and taken by other users).
- A diagram is now locked when changing its contextual elements
- New shortcuts to Team for Capella wizards have been added to File > New menu
- Team for Capella wizards now follow the same rules than Capella and forbids project creation with names containing special characters.
- Packaging, installation and deployment enhancements
- Jenkins version has been updated from version 2.204.6 (LTS) to version 2.277.3 (LTS). This brings several important security fixes and also notable changes as documented in the (LTS release notes).
- The column with the build button has been moved between the weather column and the project name column on each configurable tab.
- Windows Service installation does not requires .Net Framework 3.5 anymore
- CVS and SVN plugins have been removed from the Scheduler
- Management of images used in diagrams has been improved:
- When uploading an image, the user can choose if the image is embedded in the project or considered as an external image.
- When importing a remote project, remote images are properly copied: embedded images are copied within the imported project and external images are copied in the project they initially belonged to.
- All imported projects (Capella, library or projets containing images) are properly zipped by the importer job.
- Session details are now logged during session check step (when -checkSession parameter is set to true).
- New cases of inconsistency are detected by the diagnostic job and can be repaired by the maintenance job: references in the model linked to missing elements in the database.
- The default configuration of the CDO repository has been changed from Auditing with Ranges to Auditing.
- This changes the way to store lists in the internal database and improves server serialization and read performances with noticeable improvements on the user side in Semantic Browser and Commit history refresh.
- A linux bundle is available for both Team For Capella client features and server
- A new transport layer based on web socket and web socket secured protocols (ws:// and wss://) has been added in the collaborative components. It can be enabled for experimental purposes.
More details can be found in the integrated documentation.
Windows 10 users: Windows 10 Defender significantly slows down Eclipse, reason being Windows 10 Defender scanning the JAR files. The problem has been reported to Microsoft here. Until then, a workaround to this problem is to add Eclipse root directory to Windows 10 Defender's exclusion list, detailed steps are shared here.
Note: This issue is not specific to Eclipse.
This version also introduces several fixes:
- No more save failed caused after cloning a diagram with a broken representation link
- Notes in diagram are now created with the same Style when Team for Capella is installed than in a standard Capella
- A bug causing a blank result for the import of the commit history has been resolved.
- Windows Service installation is now possible when Team for Capella installation path contains whitespaces.
- A few other minor fixes around collaborative features or the compatibility between Capella features and the collaborative add-on.